Turning off on-screen display messages when using hotkeys

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
apan0123
Snes9x White Belt

Turning off on-screen display messages when using hotkeys

Post by apan0123 »

I'm sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, but I didn't find anything about it when I looked, so here goes:

Is there a way to turn off the on-screen messages that appear when you turn some function on or off using a hotkey in the emulator? I find it distracting when you for instance need to use the turbo function frequently and an on-screen "enable" message displays everytime you use the hotkey.

I use Snes9x 1.53 x64, by the way.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Not sure how to turn off the Turbo message, but you can turn off the FPS counter by going to Video > Show Frame Rate.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

You can edit snes9x.conf and set MessageDisplayTime to 0.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Thanks OV2. Perhaps we should add a "hide all status messages from the screen" option in 1.54. :)
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
apan0123
Snes9x White Belt

Post by apan0123 »

I got home from work and made the suggested change just now. No more on-screen notifications! Much appreciated, Camo_Yoshi and OV2!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

apan0123 wrote:I got home from work and made the suggested change just now. No more on-screen notifications! Much appreciated, Camo_Yoshi and OV2!
The thanks goes to OV2, I didn't really do much, haha.

Enjoy and let us know if you have any more issues. :)