Snes9x ex for android bluetooth

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Magace
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x ex for android bluetooth

Post by Magace »

Ok I'm using the tmobile galaxy s 4g and the app works great thanks a bunch!! however when I hit the scan for wiiremotes etc... It says bluetooth is not accesable I tried turning bluetooth on and off says same thing any ideas?
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

I'm not sure how the bluetooth stack works - but one thing to try is using a separate app to sync up with the wiimotes. Try getting the 'Wiimote Controller' app off the market and see if that works. If not, there may be an issue with your phone instead...
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Post by Rakashazi »

This is a problem with the Bluetooth stack of any phones using the HTC Sense build of Android. Currently your only option is to install a different version of Android like CyanogenMod which has proper Bluetooth support.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Rakashazi wrote:This is a problem with the Bluetooth stack of any phones using the HTC Sense build of Android.
He has a Samsung phone; I can pretty much guarantee it's not running Sense. TouchWiz, maybe.
Magace
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Magace »

yes its a samsung galaxy s i yet to try a diff app to connect threw bluetooth but i have used a bluetooth app to send files and that worked.
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Post by Rakashazi »

Magace wrote:yes its a samsung galaxy s i yet to try a diff app to connect threw bluetooth but i have used a bluetooth app to send files and that worked.
Right, I meant that I've confirmed devices using Sense have the same issue your phone has. Regular Bluetooth apps will work just fine because they use the standard Android APIs. However, Wiimotes need to communicate using the L2CAP protocol which Android doesn't support, but the underlying Linux system does. If the device vendor makes non-standard modifications to this system then the app won't be able to use it.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Rakashazi wrote:This is a problem with the Bluetooth stack of any phones using the HTC Sense build of Android. Currently your only option is to install a different version of Android like CyanogenMod which has proper Bluetooth support.
well this sucks, I was thinking about getting a HTC-series droid from Sprint in about five months :(

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
Magace
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Magace »

ya its kinda a pain to use 100% touch screen hopefully one day it can be fixed.