Fullscreen's a pain!It won't exit when I press escape, man!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
supasamurai
Snes9x White Belt

Fullscreen's a pain!It won't exit when I press escape, man!

Post by supasamurai »

Hello, I'm sportin version 1.52 (100) on a macbook pro. It's connected to a tv through the video out port. It doesn't exit fullscreen mode for love or money. It just freezes and then I have to press cmd-Q to quit. The other hot keys may work, but I don't know them and just about nothing is hotkeyed in these menu's for some reason (bug or feature?). So I quit out and then have to start the program back up to set options or whatever.

Works just fine on the mac mini I've got like 10 feet away, so I know it's having a weird problem. There's more, but it's a separate issue (*I think*) so I'll post it in a different thread if I can't find anything.
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

Is the software different on that computer? It could be a version of software conflict. How about posting the specs of both computers.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
Skullmiser
Snes9x White Belt

Me too...

Post by Skullmiser »

I know this is thread is kind of old, but I have this problem also. I used to be able to exit full screen mode with my regular Macbook. The screen stopped working though, so I attached an external monitor, and now I cannot exit full screen mode. That is the only thing that has changed.
Supasamurai is also using an external monitor, the TV.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

I'd suggest editing the config file manually to change to windowed mode. It's a horrible hack, I know, but it's worth a try.
Skullmiser
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Skullmiser »

No, no.
I can start Snes9x and change the preferences for graphics before I open a game. It runs fine in windowed mode, but I don't want to have to run it windowed. That sucks.

It runs fine in full screen mode until you want to quit, or want a short break, then if you try to exit it will dim the game, but not show the desktop. I can do a command R to start it running again, so it's not frozen or anything, it just won't let you exit the game. It will also not save anything new onto the .srm file is it? Freeze states will probably work, though. But again, that sucks. Sorry if I'm whining.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Ohhh, not the kind of issue I thought then.

Lack of .srm saving is something of an issue. :/ I kinda wish I had a Mac to help you troubleshoot.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

SparroHawc wrote:Ohhh, not the kind of issue I thought then.

Lack of .srm saving is something of an issue. :/ I kinda wish I had a Mac to help you troubleshoot.
i think you're still missing the issue. it's not writing .srm data because the app is not closing out properly.

the question is, what changes were made to the fullscreen code between 1.52 and 1.53 that is causing this to break on macs?
Skullmiser
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Skullmiser »

It's not a change of version that caused this. Actually, I got this problem, and then came to these forums, found that there was a new version available, and found I had the exact same problem.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Skullmiser wrote:It's not a change of version that caused this. Actually, I got this problem, and then came to these forums, found that there was a new version available, and found I had the exact same problem.
yep, everybody's failing at reading today.

in that case, openGL issue based on different drivers?
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

Press command+Q after command+R and the .srm file will be saved.
I'll see the problem when I get a video port adaptor.