Snes9x 3DS updated fork Circle Pad Binding issue

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
rossihere
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x 3DS updated fork Circle Pad Binding issue

Post by rossihere »

I hope to reach out to the team behind the updated fork of Snes9x developed for the 3DS. Specifically, bubble2k16 (who developed the original port up to v1.30), as well as matbo87, willjow, and Xeddius-Network (who have further updated it to v1.51.1, the version I downloaded off of Universal-Updater).

There is a bug in the emulator pertaining to the Circle Pad binding. When in a game, go to the Emulator Menu, and then Controls > Button Configuration > Analog to Digital Type > Bind Circle Pad to D-Pad. When this option is Disabled, the Circle Pad still binds to the D-Pad and commands inputs to the game, despite the assumed intended functionality of disabling the Circle Pad from interfering with the game so that you can bind it to more hotkeys.

For example, after supposedly Disabling the Circle Pad being bound to the D-Pad, I can bind the Circle Pad to take a Screenshot of the game when it is held right, and in Super Mario World, Mario will walk right as if I hit right on the D-Pad. In Mario's Super Picross, I can still navigate the menus with the Circle Pad when the binding option is Disabled, even when it is bound to other hotkeys, which gets annoying.

Please fix the bug in question, as the emulator is perfect for my purposes otherwise.
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Snes9x 3DS updated fork Circle Pad Binding issue

Post by Ryan »

You may want to check here for reporting this as well.