Savestates

Here you can talk about anything not covered by the other forums. Please post in the Tech Support forum for problems using Snes9x.
Rion
Snes9x White Belt

Savestates

Post by Rion »

I have a cheap handheld "mp5" portable media player (if thats even a thing) which plays snes games, among other consoles.
When you open the emulator, it just have 4 options, which are: resume, exit, save state, and load state, all of the represented with 4 icons.
When you save a state, it creates 2 files where the game rom is, one named: "(name of the rom).sfcsav" and other named "(name of the rom).sfcsrm"
I just opened one of the savestate files with notepad, [the one named "(name of the rom).sfcsav"] and noticed in the fist line: "#!snes9x:0004sp", that led me to think that this cheap handheld is using Snes9x to emulate such games.
Now the question is: which version of Snes9x is the one that creates the ".000" files with this "#!snes9x:0004sp" on the first code line?
I tried using 1.51, but the code starts with "#!snes9x:0004" without the "sp" at the end, and such file is not compatible with the version inside the handheld.
The latest version (1.53) has a totally different text inside the .000 file.
If you guys do not know the answer to this, is there a way I can download all versions of Snes9x so I can test all of them?

Thank you for your time.