Snes9xGX 4.3.2 emulator for WII no save

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
dramacydal
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9xGX 4.3.2 emulator for WII no save

Post by dramacydal »

I'm very irritated right now after putting about 5 hours on a game to just lose it because this wii emulator cannot save games. When I came back there was no save file, my work was gone. I thought maybe I screwed up or something so I tried it again, I saved in game and restarted my wii and when I came back again there was no save file. The save file is there for instance if you restart the game your playing, but when you turn off your wii and come back the save file will be gone. Also when you press C Left and pull up the emulator menu and try to save from there it says "error opening directory" and "error creating file". I have a hard time believing that it is on version 4.3.2 and there is an issue like this. I searched desperately to find another SNES emulator for the wii but unfortunately this piece of garbage is the only one available, too bad wii mednafen doesn't support SNES (odd).
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Snes9xGX 4.3.2 emulator for WII no save

Post by odditude »

protip: calling someone's hobby "garbage" is unlikely to make them want to help you.
dramacydal
Snes9x White Belt

Post by dramacydal »

Yea? What else CAN you call an emulator program that after version 4.3.2 still cannot save games? Pathetic.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

dramacydal wrote:I'm very irritated right now after putting about 5 hours on a game to just lose it because this wii emulator cannot save games. When I came back there was no save file, my work was gone. I thought maybe I screwed up or something so I tried it again, I saved in game and restarted my wii and when I came back again there was no save file. The save file is there for instance if you restart the game your playing, but when you turn off your wii and come back the save file will be gone. Also when you press C Left and pull up the emulator menu and try to save from there it says "error opening directory" and "error creating file". I have a hard time believing that it is on version 4.3.2 and there is an issue like this. I searched desperately to find another SNES emulator for the wii but unfortunately this piece of garbage is the only one available, too bad wii mednafen doesn't support SNES (odd).
*Ahem*
http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=347

WRONG, there's another, far better Snes emulator for the Wii.

No frameskipping, no crashing, Snes9x Next is a better port for the Wii, even runs Yoshi's Island at full speed.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
dramacydal
Snes9x White Belt

Post by dramacydal »

the_randomizer wrote:
dramacydal wrote:I'm very irritated right now after putting about 5 hours on a game to just lose it because this wii emulator cannot save games. When I came back there was no save file, my work was gone. I thought maybe I screwed up or something so I tried it again, I saved in game and restarted my wii and when I came back again there was no save file. The save file is there for instance if you restart the game your playing, but when you turn off your wii and come back the save file will be gone. Also when you press C Left and pull up the emulator menu and try to save from there it says "error opening directory" and "error creating file". I have a hard time believing that it is on version 4.3.2 and there is an issue like this. I searched desperately to find another SNES emulator for the wii but unfortunately this piece of garbage is the only one available, too bad wii mednafen doesn't support SNES (odd).
*Ahem*
http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=347

WRONG, there's another, far better Snes emulator for the Wii.

No frameskipping, no crashing, Snes9x Next is a better port for the Wii, even runs Yoshi's Island at full speed.
I just installed this emulator after reading your post and WOW IT FUCKING ROCKS! Everyone delete the piece of crap snes9xGX emulator and get that one. I realize this program uses a ported version of snes9x, probably made by the same people that did snes9xgx, but its still way better.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

dramacydal wrote:I just installed this emulator after reading your post and WOW IT FUCKING ROCKS! Everyone delete the piece of crap snes9xGX emulator and get that one. I realize this program uses a ported version of snes9x, probably made by the same people that did snes9xgx, but its still way better.
You do realize that pretty much all emulators for SNES that are ports most likely uses Snes9X's code base, right?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
dramacydal
Snes9x White Belt

Post by dramacydal »

adventure_of_link wrote:
dramacydal wrote:I just installed this emulator after reading your post and WOW IT FUCKING ROCKS! Everyone delete the piece of crap snes9xGX emulator and get that one. I realize this program uses a ported version of snes9x, probably made by the same people that did snes9xgx, but its still way better.
You do realize that pretty much all emulators for SNES that are ports most likely uses Snes9X's code base, right?
Nothing wrong with that. My gripe is with the aborted baby known as Snes9xGX.
WalMartCartPusher
Snes9x White Belt

Post by WalMartCartPusher »

dramacydal wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:
Nothing wrong with that. My gripe is with the aborted baby known as Snes9xGX.

You do realize that coding a port for the Nintendo Wii is particularly more difficult when compared to other gaming consoles because of the lockout system Nintendo uses right?