Intermittent slowdown after prolonged use of Snes9x

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Spooniest
Snes9x White Belt

Intermittent slowdown after prolonged use of Snes9x

Post by Spooniest »

I had Snes9x running full speed with no screen tearing or sound popping for a long time, but now, about every 50-60 seconds, emulation slows to a crawl and Snes9x's % of the CPU shoots up. After roughly 10-15 seconds of this, the game returns to normal, and the cycle starts over.

These are my settings and my system specifications.

I've tried running Final Fantasy III, Super Castlevania IV and Link to the Past. The result has been the same each time.

Since getting the program running full speed, I've been fast forwarding a lot because I've been playtesting a romhack of mine for Final Fantasy III, and it takes a long time to get through all the text in the game. At first I thought the constant fast forwarding had broken my emulator, but a fresh download of the latest version produced the same results.

Thanks for your time.
You can have my cigarettes when I'm dead from lung cancer
Spooniest
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Intermittent slowdown after prolonged use of Snes9x

Post by Spooniest »

After two and a half hours of tweaking the sound and video settings, I figured out that it's my wireless adapter. When I disconnected from the internet, the program ran smooth as silk.

Should I just disconnect from the internet when I want to play Snes9x, or might there be some sort of workaround?
Spooniest
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Intermittent slowdown after prolonged use of Snes9x

Post by Spooniest »