Mac Issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
twilightprincess
Snes9x White Belt

Mac Issues

Post by twilightprincess »

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve an issue I've been having with snes9x (1.53) and my macbook pro. I've used the PC version before, and it has worked perfectly but I just tried downloading it onto my mac and I've been running into some problems. I'm a fairly new mac user so I'm not familiar with all of super-mac-techy-jargon.

Once I run a rom on the emulator, I do not have any options to freeze or defrost any saves. I also cannot exit the window (the red x disappears) and when I try to quit the program, nothing happens. I have to force quit whenever I want to stop playing.

It hasn't been great at saving my progress either, when saving at specific save points in the game.

If anyone could give me any suggestions on how to fix this, that would be amazing! :D
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Re: Mac Issues

Post by zones »

See Help menu - Snes9x Help - Getting started.
mckendricks
Snes9x White Belt

Post by mckendricks »

I am also having an issue with loading save states on 10.8. I cannot definitively say it is a Mountain Lion issue, but I am able to load the same save states on 10.6 just fine. I have seen a few other posts on here about issues with save states on ML, and I think it is worth looking into. I can use the "Freeze State to…" and "Defrost State from…" options, but when using the "Freeze State" or "Defrost State" the application opens the freeze/defrost window, hangs and you have to force quit. Clicking, using the arrow keys or pressing a number in the freeze/defrost window all have no effect.

I have tried deleting Snes9x and downloading a fresh copy of 1.53, but the problem persists.

I do not know if hardware has anything to do with it, but I am running 10.8.2 on an early 2008 Macbook Pro 5,1 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (and discreet NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT).
twilightprincess
Snes9x White Belt

Post by twilightprincess »

zones - I did that before I posted here... there isn't anything related to my post. Thanks for the tip though.

mckendricks - I haven't upgraded to ML yet. Still running Lion, so I'm not sure if that is also an issue. It's so frustrating eh? Hopefully someone knows a fix to this