Shaders reporting errors when I attempt to use them

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
niloklives
Snes9x White Belt

Shaders reporting errors when I attempt to use them

Post by niloklives »

I'm using SNES 9X for windows. I'm using windows 7 64 bit I've tried using both the 32 bit version and 64 bit version of SNES9x. I've placed the right dlls in the snes9x folders and downloaded a bunch of different CG files. Each one reports the same errors (2 pages worth) it seems to be an issue with the cg code but I dont know what. I'm using a GTX 680 and the latest version of Direct X.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks
niloklives
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Shaders reporting errors when I attempt to use them

Post by niloklives »

Can't edit my post. ok so I found something interesting. When downloading the CGs the file contents are totally different from copying and pasting the code from the website. I just c/p and now the shaders work with no errors. anyone else have similar experiences?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

May have been you had got a corrupt download. It happens. :)
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
niloklives
Snes9x White Belt

Post by niloklives »

maybe except I downloaded it a few times and got teh same result every time and for every shader. it looks like the errors I was getting wer bad syntax. i dunno but I'm glad I got it worked out.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

If you download them from github you have to either load the whole pack as a zip (using the downloads link), or if you want an individual shader you have to use the "raw" button on the top right before saving.