Updated 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
parthen
Snes9x White Belt

Updated 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

Post by parthen »

Hey guys. Playiing 1.5.2 this morning, everything was working great. On the spur of the moment, I came to the website, saw there was an update, and thought I'd download. Bad idea. I can't do anything now. SNES9x opens up, and I can play around with preferences and whatnot, but none of my roms work any longer. If I'm in full screen mode, the screen turns black and freezes, and I can only get out if I force out. In window mode, I get a black screen, but nothing happens. I can't access the menu bar any longer, and if I try, the game freezes.

Again, until this update, everything seemed to be working fine. I used Time Machine and restored my previous 1.5.2, but it also now just gives me the black screen. I've gone to the preferences and deleted the snes file, but that hasn't helped. I was thinking maybe just a hardware or software reset, but both of those options are dimmed and can't be accessed. Any ideas?

MacbookPro, 10.6.8
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Re: Updated 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

Post by zones »

Are you using 1.53(113), not 112 ?
parthen
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Updated 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

Post by parthen »

Cancel that. I have no idea what happened, but I gave it 24 hours, and everything's working fine again. No idea what went wrong, or what went right. Funny.

However, since I'm already here, I do have another query. Things working again, I've still got two problems.
1. Freeze and Defrost don't seem to work right now. If I engage either screen, my controller freezes, the keyboard doesn't respond, and I can't get out of the screen without force quitting. Any ideas?
2. This is is closely related to the first. I was playing Dr. Mario this evening, still one of my all time favorite time wasters, and the freeze screen just randomly pops up. Didn't press any buttons to engage it, yet suddenly there it was. Frozen, I force quit and played again. A short time later, it happened again. Any ideas?

I'm using 1.5.3 (113) and a logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Macbook Pro, 10.6.8.