[Mac OS X] How do you edit the description field for cheats?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
KimCheeWarrior
Snes9x White Belt

[Mac OS X] How do you edit the description field for cheats?

Post by KimCheeWarrior »

now this is specifically for the mac version. ive used both the windows and mac versions and the mac version differs quite a lot so please only answer if youre familiar with the mac version of snes9x (if theres any of you even out there). how do you edit the description column when adding cheat codes? now im not talking about when you search for codes via snes9x's cheat finder, im talking about when you copy and paste game genie and pro action replay codes to snes9x. i know in one of the versions it was possible to do so but no matter what buttons i press, i just cant seem to figure out how. its awesome that cheat codes are saved when you input them but im tired of not knowing which cheats are which, which ones to disable, turn off, or straight up delete. so how does one edit the description column when inputting cheat codes?
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Re: [Mac OS X] How do you edit the description field for che

Post by zones »

Click the description column in the Cheat Entry dialog.
KimCheeWarrior
Snes9x White Belt

Post by KimCheeWarrior »

zones wrote:Click the description column in the Cheat Entry dialog.
all that does is sort descriptions (which are all "Cheat 001" and up) and when i click on their actual description, nothing happens. when i press return, all it does is allow me to edit the address field and nothing else. i cant remember which versions they were exactly but i remember years ago there were a few versions where you could actually tab over to the description field or click on it to change it. now when i try to do it, nothing happens. all i can do is press return to edit the address field which thankfully, automatically separates the address and value digits. i know you tried to help and i appreciate you taking the time to respond but do you seriously think i couldnt have figured out something as simple as your response for myself before consulting a forum? ive been messing with my keyboard trying various keyboard combinations, holding down the mouse buttons for certain intervals over the description column, pressing the spacebar, etc. all with no success. snes9x is already (arguably) the best snes emulator for mac os's (since as far back as os 9) and always has been, all i want to know is if the feature of changing cheat descriptions even exists anymore or perhaps its a bug that hasnt been fixed yet.
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

I can click the "Cheat 001" text and edit it. I'm not sure why you can't...
KimCheeWarrior
Snes9x White Belt

Post by KimCheeWarrior »

i just figured it out, for some strange reason, when i click on the description itself, i have to leave the mouse stationary on the description for about five seconds and then it opens up for editing. dont ask me why its doing this, im as baffled as you are. its not like i have a slow mac so thats not the reason. but anyways, its just gonna take me a lot longer to input codes, heh.