Cant get mine to work, error message

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Cant get mine to work, error message

Post by Shamrocknation »

I just starting using emulators on my phone and computer but for some reason i cant seems to get the SNES emulator to work, i downloaded the newest version and i can download roms but when i go to load them, th file says it not available next the rom and i get an error message when i go to load it saying "no disk in drive, enter disk in drive to continue" i have no clue, can anyone help please
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

you're going to need to rewrite that.

are you running into your issue on a phone (what type) or PC (what OS?)

where is snes9x saved, and where are your ROMs?

what steps are you taking and exactly what errors are you seeing?
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Shamrocknation »

Im not wanting to run the SNES emu on my phone, i want to run it on my pc, the OS is windows 7, and the error message is something about no disk, please insert disk and its showing my SNES ROMS as not valid yet im downloading them the proper way
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

odditude wrote:where is snes9x saved, and where are your ROMs?

what steps are you taking and exactly what errors are you seeing?
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Shamrocknation »

"The program can't start because ddx9_38.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem" that is the current message i get when trying to run 1.53-win32 but i tried to run version 1.43 and i could get into the actual program but when i tried to play a game(rom) i got this message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1" I can't figure it out
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

You can get 1.53 to run by installing the latest DirectX runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Shamrocknation »

Good news and bad news, good news is by downloading Direct X, version 1.53 will open now, bad news is that it will not run any roms and version 1.43 is still relaying the same error message "no disk in drive, enter disk in drive to continue"
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Shamrocknation »

sorry odditude my roms and emulators are in file folders on my desktop, thats were i keep them
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Shamrocknation wrote:sorry odditude my roms and emulators are in file folders on my desktop, thats were i keep them
Are you using the custom ROM dialog box? It may be that the standard box is attempting to read from a card reader that has no memory cards in it.

That is, if you have a card reader connected to your computer...
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Shamrocknation
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Shamrocknation »

Thanks for your help Camo, but I got them to work, problem now is I can't get my controller to work right
Diashi Mech
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Diashi Mech »

i just downloaded Snes9x v1.53and i can't get it to open.
when i try to open it i get a message the it can't find d3dx9_38.dll.
i'm running Windows 2000 with Sp4 and i have DirectX 9.0C
what can i do to solve this issue?
Daishi Mech online and ready to deploy
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

Just like above, you need to install the latest DirectX runtime. However, since Win2k is EOL, you'll have to do some hunting for it (it should be the last version released before June 2010).
Diashi Mech
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Diashi Mech »

thanks for the tip odditude i'll try it,but if it doesn't work i'll just keep useing version 1.39.
Daishi Mech online and ready to deploy
JenBell24
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Cant get mine to work, error message

Post by JenBell24 »

Hey,

I'm having this same problem with mine on my computer and I downloaded this:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

It still comes up with the error message, but if I hit continue three times, it just lets me open the Rom and play. Is there something I can do so that I can just open up the Rom instead of getting that message error when I open it?

Any help would be appreciated...I've been attempting to fix it on my own and that's just getting me frustrated.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Cant get mine to work, error message

Post by odditude »

What version of Windows?