Fullscreen issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Scuzuliak
Snes9x White Belt

Fullscreen issues

Post by Scuzuliak »

I just setup a Windows 7 HTPC and was trying to get Snex9x working. Unfortunately, full screen mode was giving me problems. I did find a setting that worked for me (OpenGL with emulated full screen disabled), but thought I should post in case these are Snes9x bugs and to help others.

System details: Snes9x version 1.53, Windows 7 SP1 on an AMD Fusion platform (E-450) with the latest display drivers.

The first issue is with emulated full screen mode. With Direct3D the Windows taskbar is visible. I guess the workaround here is to auto-hide the taskbar, although that still seems to leave a row or two of pixels from it visible. With OpenGL, the screen, including taskbar, flickers very badly and is unusable.

The second issue is with emulated full screen turned off. With Direct3D the picture is not full screen and instead fills the top right quadrant of the screen. I found another post mentioning this and someone posted a link to a test build that fixed it, but that link is now dead. Luckily true full screen works fine with OpenGL.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Fullscreen issues

Post by odditude »

Scuzuliak wrote:The first issue is with emulated full screen mode. With Direct3D the Windows taskbar is visible.
Occasionally this happens to me; I find that alt-tabbing in and out resolves it.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Here is a newer testbuild:
snes9x_testbuild_13022012.zip
Scuzuliak
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Scuzuliak »

Thanks! Direct3D now works for me in true fullscreen.