Android - PS3 Controller via Bluetooth?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
stogrady
Snes9x White Belt

Android - PS3 Controller via Bluetooth?

Post by stogrady »

Would anyone be able to tell me how to connect my PS3 controller via Bluetooth on my Motorola Xoom?

I was able to get four Wii controllers working flawlessly, but am unsure of the process for the PS3 controller.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Don't PS3 controllers lack Bluetooth?
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Don't PS3 controllers lack Bluetooth?
if there's anything lacking on the BT front for PS3 controllers (and Wii remotes as well), it's that they're using a non-standard bluetooth protocol to communicate. so therefore a driver has to be made to understand it, or the app needs to understand it.

there's more to bluetooth than just syncing two devices together.. ;)

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
stogrady
Snes9x White Belt

Post by stogrady »

The PS3 controllers have bluetooth built in. Additonally, the Android app "Sixaxis" does allow you to synch and map four controllers flawlessly. I can get two to work no problem with other Android emulators.

I'd simply like to be able to use four with Snes9x as it supports enabling multitap. The emulator works great with four Wiimotes, I simply prefer the PS3 controllers.

Has anyone had success using Snes9x with multiple PS3 controllers wirelessly?