How to transfer saved game state of ROM to another computer

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
confooseddesi89
Snes9x White Belt

How to transfer saved game state of ROM to another computer

Post by confooseddesi89 »

Hi,

I recently downloaded Snes9x and a Donkey Kong Country 2 ROM to go along with it. On one computer, I have completed several levels and have saved that state (so I can immediately access that state when restarting Snes9x rather than having to go through all the levels again). I tried transferring the game and the saved state to a different computer. I could play the game, but I had to start from the beginning - I tried loading the state and it didn't work. Please help! :?

Thanks. :)
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

is it the same version of Snes9x? what happens when you try to load the savestate file? you're not trying to open the savestate via "Load Game...", correct?
confooseddesi89
Snes9x White Belt

Yes, it's the same version. Actually, I am trying to load the game via the "load game" option (from the "file" menu) . . . I am new to using Snes9x and have no idea what I'm doing. :) Obviously, this way does not work.
confooseddesi89
Snes9x White Belt

bump

bump
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

if you've copied the savestate file to the save directory, you should be able to open it once you've loaded the game normally.

where is snes9x located? where did you copy the savestate to?
confooseddesi89
Snes9x White Belt

Sorry, what do you mean by "savestate"? I saved the game by using the save game position option from "file" (and then there is a list of slots). I believe it is Shift+F1. Is this what you mean by savestate?

Both the SNES9x emulator & ROM are located in My Documents.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: How to transfer saved game state of ROM to another compu

Post by odditude »

confooseddesi89 wrote:I tried transferring the game and the saved state to a different computer.
...so what exactly did you copy?

savestate files will be named (romname).00?, where the last character of the extension will be the number of the savestate slot. they are located in the "saves" director defined in the Emulation -> Settings... dialog.