Using Wii Classic Controller on MAC and can't move left

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
newsarozzi
Snes9x White Belt

Using Wii Classic Controller on MAC and can't move left

Post by newsarozzi »

Okay I'm pretty new to the key words you guys use so I may not understand fully what you are asking me to help me with this issue, but I will do my best.

I recently bought and tried 2 TOMEE SNES controllers and neither one would allow my games to use the left button. It just seemed to be on SUPER TURBO at all times and my characters wont respond in the left direction. EVERY OTHER BUTTON worked perfectly.

So I decided to try and connect via Bluetooth with my Wii Classic Controller, and I have gotten the same result. Everything works but left. I am now thinking this is an issue with the SNES9X.

Running SNES9X 1.53(112) on a Macbook Pro 10.6.8(Snow Leopard)

Any info would be very helpful.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Check your key assignments in the settings.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
newsarozzi
Snes9x White Belt

Post by newsarozzi »

I have checked my Key Assignments and rechecked them again. It is the weirdest thing, every other button works fine except the left D-pad button.
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

Sometimes I hear this kind of problem (not only with snes9x but also other emulators for mac), but I have no clue.
Try to assign the SNES left button to a gamepad button other than D-pad and check how it works.
jamesbott
Snes9x White Belt

Solution to left issue

Post by jamesbott »

Hi,

I had the same issue with the keyboard and turning left was a big issue. I eventually tracked it down to the automatic fire options. The left button was selected. I simply press the Defaults button and it sorted it!

Was driving me mad :D

Q: It the Tomee Pad any good and how are you rigging it to the Mac?

Do you need an adapter? If so from where? And how much?

Best - James