Problem compiling

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
kaeza
Snes9x White Belt

Problem compiling

Post by kaeza »

Hello.
I'm new here.
I have downloaded the latest version's source code, and can't get to compile on my computer.
The problem is that gcc takes all the available memory on my machine when compiling hq2x.cpp.
I'd like to know if there is any way to disable compilation of the filters, because some of them can't be compiled on my machine and I don't really use them anyway.
My machine specs are the following:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 3 at 2.8GHz
- Memory: 768MB
- Hard Disk: 40GB
- Running Lucid Puppy Linux 525 (based on Ubuntu Lucid)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon

Cactuar: Prettier than a Moogle, deadlier than a Behemoth.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Problem compiling

Post by odditude »

kaeza wrote:Hello.
I'm new here.
I have downloaded the latest version's source code, and can't get to compile on my computer.
The problem is that gcc takes all the available memory on my machine when compiling hq2x.cpp.
I'd like to know if there is any way to disable compilation of the filters, because some of them can't be compiled on my machine and I don't really use them anyway.
My machine specs are the following:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 3 at 2.8GHz
- Memory: 768MB
- Hard Disk: 40GB
- Running Lucid Puppy Linux 525 (based on Ubuntu Lucid)
which is the typo - the CPU type or the clockspeed?
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

If you're compiling the Gtk version, add --without-hq2x to the configure line.
If you're compiling the straight unix version, you have to modify the build scripts and code.
kaeza
Snes9x White Belt

Post by kaeza »

BearOso wrote:If you're compiling the Gtk version, add --without-hq2x to the configure line.
If you're compiling the straight unix version, you have to modify the build scripts and code.
I finally got it working!
Thanks a lot!
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon

Cactuar: Prettier than a Moogle, deadlier than a Behemoth.