Possible missing setting in snes9x.conf?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
natsumerio
Snes9x White Belt

Possible missing setting in snes9x.conf?

Post by natsumerio »

My computer's OS = Windows 7 home premium, 32-bit American english language version.
HP Pavilion dv6000 (RX019AV#ABA)
Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Processor = 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M CPU
Physical RAM = 1 GB
Screen's resolution = 1280 x 800 32bit 60hz
Snes9x = 1.53
Snes9x 1.53 Output method = DirectDraw (because it gives me an error message if I try to use Direct3D).

In snes9x.conf, for "OutputMethod", I found 0=DirectDraw & 1=Direct3D, but no comment indicating what equals OpenGL or even that there IS an OpenGL setting for the output method. Even if you set "OutputMethod" to OpenGL & then check the snes9x.conf file, "OutputMethod" will equal 2, but with no comment indicating what 2 stands for.

Also, I have a question about the snes9x.conf settings "MessagesInImage" & "MessageDisplayTime". Specifically, do those settings affect the Rom info message that shows up when you first load a game, & if not, what (if anything) does affect them?
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

I'll add OpenGL to the comment.

MessagesInImage controls if info messages are drawn directly into the SNES image (before any filters) or onto the display area (after filters).

MessageDisplayTime specifies how many frames those messages should be displayed.

Both affect all messages, including the Rom info message.