Two Questions for a Noob!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
alexanderstrummer
Snes9x White Belt

Two Questions for a Noob!

Post by alexanderstrummer »

Hey guys. Just download Snes9x to replay all of those old SNES cartridges gathering dust somewhere. I have two questions:

1. Could someone tell me what key "START" is on? I know how to configure the keyboard but I can't tell what icon is START.

2. How do I save games?

Thanks a bunch!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

By default Start is set to Space, but take a look here at this screenshot:

If you look at where it says Start, then in the white box itself is the actual key that is used for pressing Start in-game.

Now, for saving games, there are two ways to do this:

1. Save like you normally do in-game. This is the best way to do it if the game supports saving. There is nothing else you need to do other than save the game in the game itself as if you were playing it on a console. :)

2. Using Save States. Use File > Save Game Position, then pick a desired slot. The benefit is that you can save at any time you want in the emulator but you have to resume from your save every time you start the game. Due to the complexity of this method, only use this method if the game you're playing doesn't support saving or passwords.[/img]
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!