Game Pad Help!!!

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

you only need joy2key for apps that don't accept controller input (it works by emulating a keyboard). i'd recommend against installing it unless/until you find a need for it.

If I do find a need for it like you say, would it be OK to install and use it?

Would it hurt or mess anything up by doing so?
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Nah, it won't hurt anything. It sits in the notifications section of your taskbar - if you get tired of the controller acting like a keyboard, you can just right-click it and close it, and things will be back to normal.

I agree with AoL - start with SNES9x's controller input, and only use Joy2Key if that doesn't work. (There have been other people who've had trouble like that, but it's rare.)

Glad to hear you resolved the issue - I'll have a moment of silence out of respect to your poor dead controller. :]
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

Thanks for telling me this and I'll let you have your moment of silence like you say in respect of the poor dead thing! I PROMISE!!! I WON"T STOP YOU OR BLAME YOU AT ALL!!! I PROMISE!!! Again, great sense of humor!!! It helps after all I've been thru with it and another device as well also!

After I order it and try out the new one, I"ll let you know the outcome of it. So just be patient a little bit longer until then. Thanks!
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

Well so sorry it took me so so long to get back with you! Having a really really crazy life right now like you would not believe!

Anyway, to make a long story short, that was it. The original game controller was indeed DEAD just like you told me it probably was, but nevertheless it was worth it to try and get to the bottom of what was really wrong with it all along, and so sorry to have put you thru all of that.

Plugged in the new controller and the computer recognized it right away, just like it was an old friend indeed! It works flawlessly, but why brag after all I went thru with the the other one you know.

I did have the 4 bottom USB's traded out that were sort of bad too as well also for 4 new ones, as this was one of the problems that was determined as well also, along with the fact that the 2 top USB's that were originally with the computer were too old to work anymore being that they are sort of worn out and the fact that they had gotten some dust inside them that just could not be blown out at all obviously.

I mean who would have thought that the 4 bottom ones could have been the problem along with the top 2 ones as well also. Who knew? But all in all, like I've already said, thru trial and error, that old controller at least pointed out the fact that some USB's were indeed bad or going bad and that I never ever would have known that at all had it not been for the original controller going bad itself you know. So in the end, I guess you could in fact say that, it was indeed worth it to have gone thru all of that just to point all of that out to me, even though diagnostic tests could not for some reason or another catch that or determine that at all even in the device manager as well also.

Please share your thoughts with me on this! Thanks!
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

compressed air will do wonders for dust in hard-to-reach places, including the recesses of USB ports. if canned air won't do the trick, see if anyone you know has a proper compressor (like a mechanic). my old repair shop had an air compressor for the sole purpose of blowing out equipment.

it's not unheard of for a defective USB controller card to fry things that are hooked up to it; it's just relatively rare. you're just "lucky" ;)

regardless, glad you got your issues resolved!
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

I'm glad that you have taken a moment of silence out of respect to my poor dead controller. Thanks for this! That makes me feel much much better after all I went thru with it and all!

Now I need to know how to do something else.

What I need to know is, if something were to happen, and I somehow or another lost my computer and these Super NES games that are on there already, how would I go about downloading this Super NES game emulator and the games themselves as well also?

Do you happen to have a link for these 2?

Thanks!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

You can download Snes9x from any one of the following sites (each site has the same files):

http://camoyoshi.x10.mx/mirror/snes9x
http://bigkidtennis.com/snes9x
http://sites.google.com/site/bearoso/
http://download.sessionclan.de/overfiend/snes9x/
http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/
http://snesemu.black-ship.net/index.php ... nes9x+1.53

You'll want to get snes9x-1.53-win32.zip if you're using windows.

As for the ROMs, use a USB Flash Drive and copy them there, then store the flash drive in a safe place.

We can't provide any download links to ROMs since downloading ROMs is technically illegal, and we don't want Snes9x.com getting shut down.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

I totally understand you in this and believe me I would not want yall to get shut down either.

Then I was just wondering if you would be able to provide me some links or sites that would have the cheat codes and other things like that, that I can enter for the games to be put in there with the games themselves since it has a place to obviously store them to use while your playing the games.

Thanks!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

If you google "SNES Cheat Codes" I'm sure you'll find quite a few results. ;)
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

Hey thanks for the tip and for all you have done for me and the all the help you have given me as well also!!!

Now can you please tell me how long all of these posts will be online in this site about all of this up to this point. Thanks!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

If you just go to every page in this thread, and press Ctrl+S (assuming you're NOT using Internet Explorer), you can save these pages to your computer.
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

But you don't know how long all of these posts stay on your site?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Well, technically they should stay for as long as the site is still up. But we don't know what could happen to the site, as it could go down at any point in time. It'd be best to save a copy of these pages, so that way you have your own copy of this information. :)
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

Your 100% right!!! That's exactly what I should do as you know what they say, here today gone tomorrow!!! Anyway, thanks for all of your help that you have given to me!!! I surely appreciate it more than you can ever ever know my friend!!! You did so so good!!! You should be rewarded for all or your efforts in the matter at hand you know!!! If I could, I would you know, but all I can do is to just highly congratulate you for all of your hard hard work and effort and above all, patience in dealing with me in all of this you know!!! And I'll do that when I get the chance that is after all the hard won progress and work that was done to it all you know as I would not want to lose it all for nothing you know or otherwise it will have all been in total vain!!! TAKE CARE!!!! BYE!!!!
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Not a problem; enjoy using Snes9x. :)
24ggirl
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 24ggirl »

I certainly will! Thanks!!!