allow keyboard input for both player 1 and 2 (snes9x ex)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
pietro
Snes9x White Belt

allow keyboard input for both player 1 and 2 (snes9x ex)

Post by pietro »

First, I'd like to say thanks for bringing this emulator to Android!

Now onto my question...

I was wondering if there is a way to bind keyboard keys to each player?
ie: Player1: A,B,C,D for Up, Down Left Right
Player2: E,F,G,H

If it's in the emulator and I completely missed it, I apologize. Furthermore, if there is a post regarding this, I couldn't find it using both the built in search function and google.

Thanks for your help.
TheAscension
Snes9x White Belt

Post by TheAscension »

I have this same issue on my A500 tablet. I use the "keyboard" setup to bind keys for my Logitech gamepad (because I can't find anywhere else to bind gamepad buttons). With that, there is no option for a second "keyboard", or in my case as second gamepad. Currently both gamepads control player 1 using the same "keyboard" setup
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Currently there is no way to bind keyboard keys to multiple players. You can, however, use the integrated Wiimote detection for players 2 through 4.
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Post by Rakashazi »

Right now there is one key map per device type, and USB controllers are part of the generic "keyboard" type. Once I get a host cable for testing, I should be able to treat them as a separate device with their own key config. Full per-player mappings are coming after that.
pietro
Snes9x White Belt

Post by pietro »

@TheAscension

That's the exact same problem I have, on the exact same tablet lol

@SparroHawc
Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't have any Wii controllers. Maybe the sixaxis controller can emulate one, I'll have to check again.

@Rakashazi
Definitely looking forward to those updates! Is the kind of cable you're referring to? http://www.datapro.net/products/usb-2-0 ... cable.html

Thank you everyone for your input!
TheAscension
Snes9x White Belt

Post by TheAscension »

pietro wrote:@TheAscension
That's the exact same problem I have, on the exact same tablet lol
That's funny, I figured we were talking about the same issue. On the same tablet no less!
Rakashazi wrote:Right now there is one key map per device type, and USB controllers are part of the generic "keyboard" type. Once I get a host cable for testing, I should be able to treat them as a separate device with their own key config. Full per-player mappings are coming after that.
I really look forward to updates. Snes9x runs awesome on my A500, now I just need to be able to play with a friend!