logitech gamepad and windows 7

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
fenderpinky
Snes9x White Belt

logitech gamepad and windows 7

Post by fenderpinky »

ok, so i got a new computer, my old operating system was XP SP2 and everything worked fine but i wasn't the one who originally set up so i'm not sure what needed to be done...

on my new computer which is windows 7 i have downloaded the new 1.53 update, and i have updated all the drivers for the Logitech Gamepad and i know the gamepad is responsive when i'm inside the driver program so i know the gamepad actually works but for the life of me i cannot get it going inside the game, and it doesn't matter what game i play...

.... help???
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Logitech seems to have some significant issues with their gamepads and SNES9x. Now that I'm back from vacation, I'll see about scheduling some time to work in DirectX input to a branch of the emulator. Being married sure seems to decrease one's free time...
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

There should be no problems with logitech gamepads - I'm using a Rumblepad2 myself and never had any issues in s9x.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Ditto; I've used a Logitech Dual Action gamepad (USB, Wired) and it works great for SNES9x.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Yeah, I know, it works for you guys, but I think this is the third time I've seen a 'My Logitech controller maps fine but doesn't work in games' post. :/

Maybe we can pin it down a little further though.

fenderpinky, what's the specific model of Logitech gamepad you're using?