It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

Wow! a new version release sweet!

Just a small question though regarding those cg dlls...

I use windows XP as my system OS & I just have a rinky dink GeForce FX5500 graphics card. My question is, are those cg dlls going to work for me? I'm just asking to make sure as I'm kinda scared to try out something I'm not too familiar with.

EDIT:

Err, never mind that, I tried to fire up the emulator & I encountered an error message. It seems the emulator is looking for a dll file called d3dx9_38.dll. I downloaded the version of snes9x meant for 32-bit systems, not the one backward compatible for 32-bit & 64-bit systems by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 pm 
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

You need to install the latest version of DirectX 9 for snes9x to work.

The cg dlls will work for all cards. You'll have to check for yourself if the shaders perform well though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:03 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

Thanks for that link for the update to DiretX9 OV2, that did the trick :)

OK, now for some game compatibility reports:

From my posts on the version 1.52 release the games I had issues with were:

1. Justice League Task Force
2. Mutant Chronicles: Doom Troopers
3. Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday
4. Spider Man
5. Stunt Racer FX

With 1.53 running Mutant Chronicles runs smoothly now. The Spider Man game... this one to be exact:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/580502-spi ... s/screen-1

Still suffers from the desync issues but unlike before that the game automatically freezes, now the game's music would run really fast & in some point would cause the game to lock up. Same goes for the Justice League game. Desynced music that leads to game lock up.

Porky Pig's game now just loads the Acclaim logo then fades to black literally. As for Stunt Racer FX? The in game menu's still gives one seizures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:22 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

Hi Guys,
I'm running 1.53 on a mac, and I've been having this annoying problem since 1.52.
Whenever I have my input show, it always has this text right before the actual input:
I'm assuming this is simply noting Player 1 and Player 2.
I do not want this text to be here, I simply want it to be like this:
Just the input.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 pm 

That's not possible without changing the source code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:47 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

Okay, well, how about frame advance/pausing? I can't seem to find this feature, anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 am 

Take a look at "Help -> Controllers Support"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 am 
Snes9x White Belt

I forgot to ask, are save files (both SRAM & States) from 1.52 compatible with 1.53?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 am 

1.53 can load 1.52 snapshots but not the other way around.

SRAM is still compatible with all versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:45 am 
Snes9x White Belt

What do these CG shaders do that the normal filters won't? Is it a matter of hardware graphics acceleration?

-Final Fantasy IV, SNES version called Final Fantasy II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 am 
Snes9x Orange Belt

Ugh. I just read what Byuu said about Snes9x, and I found it to be oddly disturbing. Yeah, I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but...maybe he went a bit too far.

Quote from http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1583

"I am disappointed to hear that the BlockInvalidVRAMAccess flag was fixed. To think, v1.52 finally did it right by leaving that out (albeit unintentionally), and I didn't even know, and now it's re-added. A real shame there. This is just going to perpetuate broken hacks. Why fix your broken game when you can just tell someone to change a setting?"

Seriously, who gives a tin schilling? I don't. Snes9x is better; doesn't have super high requirements, uses the same audio core, games can actually fill up the screen without black borders, movie recording, quick save/load, and Snes9x can run those Japan-only BS/Super Famciom games (like Chrono Trigger Music Library) without having to dump an otherwise impossible-to-get BIOS file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 am 
Snes9x White Belt

OV2 wrote:
1.53 can load 1.52 snapshots but not the other way around.

SRAM is still compatible with all versions.

Thanks again OV2 :)

I noticed Savestates or snapshots as you referred to them now are named as .zst files from the previous .000 (0 to 9 depending on the slot the state was saved) & I thought I was screwed, but I tried renaming my .000 files to .zst's & they worked! Thank goodness :)

And I apologize for asking another question, but it seems the emulator can no longer remember the window size I make for it & I need to resize each time I launch the emulator. Is there a new setting I need to set for it to remember my preferred windowed mode screen size?

EDIT:

My Apologies I finally figured it out. I just had to open an instance of the emulator, load a ROM & then load another instance of the emulator while the first was still open/running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 am 
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

the_randomizer wrote:
Ugh. I just read what Byuu said about Snes9x, and I found it to be oddly disturbing. Yeah, I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but...maybe he went a bit too far.

BlockInvalidVRAMAccess will be removed when we can confirm there's no game which needs this hack, similar to HDMA timings hack that was removed in 1.53. Currently (as far as I know) only one game needs it, but I've not looked into the game yet. :P

I personally want to give preference to user's convenience over accurate emulation. Perfect emulation is of course very important, but because we already have bsnes, I think we don't need to pursue it for snes9x so eagerly. I want to improve snes9x step-by-step, unhurriedly ;) More important thing for me is to maintain and spread this conventional and novel emulator that Gary and Jerremy established.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am 
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

the_randomizer wrote:
"I am disappointed to hear that the BlockInvalidVRAMAccess flag was fixed. To think, v1.52 finally did it right by leaving that out (albeit unintentionally), and I didn't even know, and now it's re-added. A real shame there. This is just going to perpetuate broken hacks. Why fix your broken game when you can just tell someone to change a setting?"

This is really more of a jab at the ROM hackers who rely on faulty emulator behavior and whose hacks won't work on real hardware. We're just being enablers.

the_randomizer wrote:
Seriously, who gives a tin schilling? I don't. Snes9x is better; doesn't have super high requirements, uses the same audio core, games can actually fill up the screen without black borders, movie recording, quick save/load, and Snes9x can run those Japan-only BS/Super Famciom games (like Chrono Trigger Music Library) without having to dump an otherwise impossible-to-get BIOS file.

In all honesty, bsnes is significantly better emulation-wise. Most of what you're describing (aside from the system requirements) can be easily added to bsnes or made into a libsnes ui, should someone desire it. bsnes and Snes9x have slightly different focuses, but there isn't any sort of vindictive competition between the developers (we think very highly of byuu). As an end-user, you're free to use either emulator in the situations they work best. You don't have to "pick a side."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:16 pm 

jtull89 wrote:
What do these CG shaders do that the normal filters won't? Is it a matter of hardware graphics acceleration?

Shaders are run on your graphics card and thus hardware accelerated.
They also provide different filter possibilities (such as the CRT shaders).

Besides CG shaders you can also use xml shaders from Screwtape's archive (not those in the 1.1 folder). However most of those are only compatible with OpenGL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 pm 
Snes9x Orange Belt

Wow. It seems Byuu must have found out what I wrote and banned my IP address from viewing his forums. Bitter much? Oh, well. :roll: He can't stop me from using the computers from my school, now can he? I never explicitly said I hated him or Bsnes either. Thank goodness for loopholes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:05 pm 
Snes9x Orange Belt

Fantastic release. :)

Noticed so far that the Windows port creates several file associations by default without asking the user. Any way to prevent this happening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 pm 

It doesn't directly create file associations, it registers itself as an "OpenWith" application for all its supported filetypes (which is necessary for the jumplist entries). It will never overwrite any association you might have set up yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 pm 
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

the_randomizer wrote:
Wow. It seems Byuu must have found out what I wrote and banned my IP address from viewing his forums. Bitter much? Oh, well. :roll: He can't stop me from using the computers from my school, now can he? I never explicitly said I hated him or Bsnes either. Thank goodness for loopholes.

sounds like www.proxy.org is your best friend here....

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

Hi friends! I am very pleased that the update ))))) :D 8)
Worm Jim 2 and Doom Troopers are fine but that's the sound could not adjust.
How do I disable the interpolated sound? :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next