snes9x ex for Andriod - How to load games?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Trkkr
Snes9x White Belt

snes9x ex for Andriod - How to load games?

Post by Trkkr »

I hope this is the place to ask this question and it hasn't been asked already; I did a quick search here and didn't find anything.

I'm using snes9x ex for Android (HTC Desire on Froyo). I'm trying to figure out how to load the game files from the SD card. I'm a computer technician by trade but new to Android.

When I go to 'Load Game' it takes me to '\'. I've looked around to see if I could find the 'sdcard\roms\snes\' folder (where the game file is d/led to) but no matter what directory I go to I don't see 'sdcard' or 'roms'. Is there something I'm missing?

I tried SNesoid Lite and it works there (the default starting directory is 'sdcard') but I don't want to have to pay for the 'full' version since I heard it's using snes9x as the backend.
Rakashazi
Official iOS & Android Porter

Re: snes9x ex for Andriod - How to load games?

Post by Rakashazi »

That's odd, was your SD card unmounted when you first ran the app? It should default to /mnt/sdcard, let me know if it's present on your phone.
Trkkr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Trkkr »

I was trying to transfer files to the phone from the PC around the time I installed the app; not sure if it was mounted at the exact time I installed it or not. I'll try an uninstall/reinstall and post the results.
Rakashazi

Post by Rakashazi »

Shouldn't be a problem, just try browsing to /mnt/sdcard and it'll default to the last directory you used without needing a re-install. You're right about the /sdcard directory not showing up though. I have symbolic links to directories hidden in the file browser which is why you didn't find it. This will be corrected in the next update.
Trkkr
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Trkkr »

I checked what you said and that seems to be the key: I never checked the 'mnt' directory for the sdcard directory.

The sdcard directory still shows under mnt when the card is not mounted (connected to the PC) but you cannot go into it. When you disconnect from the PC you can then drill into the sdcard directory to where the roms are.

That directory should be listed somewhere in the instructions; if I had known it was under 'mnt' I probably wouldn't have had to ask the question; it might come in handy for others.

Thanks for all the info!
Rakashazi

Post by Rakashazi »

Good to hear you have it working. The recent 1.3.19 update displays /sdcard properly to avoid any confusion.