It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm 
Snes9x White Belt

I've been having some issues building this emulator and would appreciate some help.

After fiddling around with the existing VS2008 files and not really getting anywhere, I got the VS2010 solution files from here. Using those I got pretty far, but I'm now stuck with a couple unresolved externals and no idea how to solve them:

Code:
Error   1   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _crc32   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\unzip.obj
Error   2   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _get_crc_table   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\unzip.obj
Error   3   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol [email protected]   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\wsnes9x.obj
Error   4   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol [email protected]   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\wsnes9x.obj
Error   5   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: wchar_t * __thiscall CXML::getNodeContent(wchar_t const *)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\CDirect3D.obj
Error   6   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: wchar_t * __thiscall CXML::getAttribute(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\CDirect3D.obj
Error   7   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall CXML::loadXmlFile(wchar_t const *)" ([email protected]@@[email protected])   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\CDirect3D.obj
Error   8   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXML::~CXML(void)" ([email protected]@[email protected])   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\CDirect3D.obj
Error   9   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CXML::CXML(void)" ([email protected]@[email protected])   c:\Users\___\Documents\GitHub\snes9x\win32\CDirect3D.obj

I got the code by cloning this Github repo, then got:
libpng from here, lpng162.7z: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/
zlib from here, zlib128.zip: http://zlib.net/
FMOD Ex from here, fmodapi44417win-installer.exe: http://www.fmod.org/fmod-downloads.html
as well as the CG Toolkit, the DirectX SDK June 2010, as well as the DirectX SDK August 2007 for ddraw.lib.

As far as I can tell, the build process finds all those dependencies just fine, yet I still end up with the above unresolved externals. Any idea what I'm missing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:04 am 
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

crc32 and get_crc_table are zlib functions, so you have a problem linking to that somewhere.

PathFindExtension/PathFindFileName are in shlwapi.lib, you need to add that to the linker "Additional Dependencies" setting.

CXML is a new file in the repository, just add CXML.cpp to the project.