Porting Snes9x to MIPS SMP863x could be possible?

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
psyalemao
Snes9x White Belt

Porting Snes9x to MIPS SMP863x could be possible?

Post by psyalemao »

Hi,

First post and sorry for my english :P
I know a little about coding C and C++ and would like to know if could be possible to port snes9x to this architecture MIPS Sigma Designs System-on-chip processor SMP8634.

I was reading the porting document from the snes9x source and I have the document for SMP863x family processors. The device has 128MB DDR1 and the CPU runs at 300Mhz support Transparency pixel KeyColor, YUV and RGB 16bit and 24bit out PCM and other standards audio out. Don't know if this could difficult but in documentation for the CPU says can't manipulate pixels, "There is not any functions in the GFX engine API to control or manipulate single pixels. The GFX engine can efficiently manipulate and process blocks of pixels (moving/copying/modifying areas in memory), but it would be highly inefficient for manipulating single pixels. However, as an experiment, you can try creating a 1x1 BMP pictures and use the GFX engine API on these bitmaps." So the emulator would need to make bmp images from RAM convert to bmp and then somehow "stream" the image to output? ...I was thinking to try to port by myself but too many lines of code for a newbie like me