Snes9x 1.53

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

What APU changes are you referring to?

The IRQ changes fix or improve a few games, for example Sink or Swim, F1 Grand Prix, Battle Blaze.
mvp3
Snes9x White Belt

would you let the snes9x support nGlide

Post by mvp3 »

I am very like 3dfx glide,the picture is very fine than opengl.
please support the nGlide.
thank you very much.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

nGlide or the Glide API is outdated. Use a Glide Wrapper or update your video card.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
squall_leonhart69r

Post by squall_leonhart69r »

the_randomizer wrote:nGlide or the Glide API is outdated. Use a Glide Wrapper or update your video card.
nglide is not outdated.

but glide as a whole has been supersceded by direct3d and opengl
Madmab
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Madmab »

Hi guys it's me again.

I definitely confirmed that the IRQ timing changes do affect speed on the xbox. No biggy I have a special build for "Trusty box" users. So that makes three builds.. 1.51, 1.53, and 1.53 with the IRQ timing changes.

That brings me to another question. A beta tester confirmed an issue in Kirby Dreamland 3 on certain levels the music gets kinda slow and choppy. Gameplay speed to me seemed the same, but I could be wrong. In particular I'm thinking of the 3rd stage where there are clouds in the sky (rocks and witches).

Anywho x-ports version of snes9xbox was originally based on core version 1.42 and on his the game appears to run fine. So I'm just curious if any changes between 1.42 and 1.51 would affect that particular games speed so much. Just asking cause I wanna make sure I did not overlook or foobar something during the porting process.

Thanks. :)
Xtras! We do the systems others dare not!
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Yup. The sound core has been entirely replaced since then. The new one is a lot more processor-intensive.
Madmab
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Madmab »

Sound core update is from 1.52 and on up.

I was referring to any changes made between 1.42 and 1.51 that may affect the speed of this particular game. Just in case I accidently foobared something I should not have.
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

You may turn off SA-1 timers; I don't know how they actually work (my code should be wrong) and I'm not sure which games actually use them.
Madmab
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Madmab »

zones wrote:You may turn off SA-1 timers; I don't know how they actually work (my code should be wrong) and I'm not sure which games actually use them.
ok thanks for the suggestion.. Although I'm not quite sure what you are refferring to.. looking thru the commits right now. :oops: :)
Madmab
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Madmab »

Any suggestions? I'm looking thru the code but I'm not sure how to disable these SA1 timers you are referring to. :shock:
zones

Post by zones »

You may remove SA1.Cycles and its related functions like S9xSA1UpdateTimer() from 1.53 sa1.cpp.
Madmab
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Madmab »

oh.. those changes.. those were made after 1.52

I was looking in particular for any changes that may have occured between 1.42 and 1.51 that may affect the speed of this particular game. Just in case I accidently foobared something I should not have.

Thanks
FrancoisC
Snes9x White Belt

Post by FrancoisC »

Hi Zones,

I guess you can help me on this one; a while ago you gave me a command (on this forum) that I could run on Terminal on OS X to have Snes9x run with perfect 4x3 on fullscreen, but I lost it and I can't find my old thread, I guess it was deleted.

Do you remember what it was?

Thanks!
zones

Post by zones »

1.53: Click the text 'Aspect Ratio' (not the slider) and you get 4x3 screen.
FrancoisC
Snes9x White Belt

Post by FrancoisC »

Thanks, I did not notice this option ;)
CahosRahneVeloza
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CahosRahneVeloza »

Hey folks, I know it's been seven months since 1.53 was released so it is safe to say that most ROM compatibility issues have been reported to you guys & workarounds & fixes have been presented. However I seem to have encountered one, although it might be very well be just on my end.

The games are "Tetris Attack" (both U & E versions) & "Panel de Pon" (the original Japanese release for Tetris Attack). The issue is a minor screen flicker during the mid game cut scenes where Yoshi (or Lip) is traveling to & from each stage you beat & you encounter your next opponent. As I said, very minor as you can just skip the cut scenes altogether :)

Here is my Display settings, if the issue can be remedied by changing stuff a bit:

Cassiel
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Cassiel »

Clements wrote:Noticed so far that the Windows port creates several file associations by default without asking the user. Any way to prevent this happening?
OV2 wrote:It doesn't directly create file associations, it registers itself as an "OpenWith" application for all its supported filetypes (which is necessary for the jumplist entries). It will never overwrite any association you might have set up yourself.
Yes, but it does also replace the icon and the file description. This behaviour is EXTREMELY irritating (and also inaccurate) if you are using multiple emulators and a generic extension (e.g. *.bin). Is there not more elegant way to deal with this, or at the very least a way to opt out of this new behaviour?
OV2

Post by OV2 »

It registers the extensions listed in valid.ext, you can edit that file with notepad. I removed all generic extensions from that list, but I might have missed one or you might have that file from an old version.
Cassiel
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Cassiel »

Thanks for the quick response...

My 'Valid.Ext' is definatley the default 1.53 packaged one.

What is the purpose of this file? Is this also what Snes9X considers 'supported' file formats when opening?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to understand the behaviour before I start editing. Are the Y/N flags to indicate compressed or not?
OV2

Post by OV2 »

Valid.ext controls which filetypes are listed in the open file dialog (unless "All Files" is selected), which files are accepted with drag and drop onto the window and which filetypes are registered/supported on the jumpstart list. Y/N signals compressed.

If you feel you've messed up the file you can simply delete it, s9x will then recreate the default file.