Snes9x for Windows unable to make use of mapped drives?

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Snes9x for Windows unable to make use of mapped drives?

Post by Ryan »

Alright, so with the advent of 1.55 and trying to help someone with an issue, I snagged the 32 bit 1.55 and set it up. First thing I note is that when I go to load a ROM, the dialog sees my C:\ drive, but not the other mapped drives I have to my NAS. Now granted, this is a minor issue, I merely typed \\wopr into the address bar and the shared folders were there and I could navigate, but I thought it odd that it wouldn't just list the drive letters of the maps like most other applications.

Mostly curious to know why this is, if it's not too hard to explain.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: Snes9x for Windows unable to make use of mapped drives?

Post by OV2 »

I'm not sure why this would happen, s9x is displaying a regular windows open dialog. On my system it displays all mapped drives on the left side or if I navigate to "my computer".
Ryan
Grand Poobah

Re: Snes9x for Windows unable to make use of mapped drives?

Post by Ryan »

Hrm. Yeah, doesn't do that for me at all. File Explorer on the left, Snes9x dialog on the right:
https://imgur.com/8GkVjHp

Not sure it makes a dif but I'm running Win 10 64 bit, 1709 update. I debated using the 64 bit Snes9x but I'm not sure if there's much of a benefit really.