add lag counter & movie-free frame counter display

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
gocha
Snes9x Yellow Belt

add lag counter & movie-free frame counter display

Post by gocha »

http://pastebin.com/LUrCTMX7
  • added lag counter and Settings.DisplayLagCounter (TODO: add GUI item for it).
  • changed the position of input display text to avoid overlapping frame counter.
  • Settings.DisplayMovieFrame now becomes Settings.DisplayFrameCounter, and displays IPPU.TotalEmulatedFrames when movie is not active.
  • Made those frame counters a little more deterministic. (i.e. reset the values on SNES reset)
TODO: add IPPU.TotalEmulatedFrames and IPPU.TotalLagFrames to snapshot, as well as pad_read.
Lag Counter: Whenever the a game fails to poll for input, this counter would increment. This is useful for minimizing lag, and optimizing menus/screen transitions.

http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/Features.html
kolechovski
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by kolechovski »

I think tasvideos.org has already done some of the things you have or are thinking of doing. maybe you are a member there and already know this, but if not, you should check what extras they've already got done, so you don't waste time and effort redoing them.
The soldier was forced to desert his dessert in the desert.
gocha
Snes9x Yellow Belt

Post by gocha »

kolechovski wrote:I think tasvideos.org has already done some of the things you have or are thinking of doing. maybe you are a member there and already know this, but if not, you should check what extras they've already got done, so you don't waste time and effort redoing them.
Most of recent additions on snes9x-rr (tasvideos.org version of snes9x) has been done by me. I apply those changes to the latest snes9x, by seeing the commit logs, often.