Snes9x 1.52 is now dead due to Snes9X 1.53 being out

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!

Moderator: Ryan

sjyune
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sjyune » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 am

adventure_of_link wrote:
sjyune wrote:two SA1 games currently not running properly under Snes9x

*SD Gundam G-Next (J) - special SA1 DMA (map glitch)
*Jumping Derby (J) - need SA1 NMI (timing mode)

hey, you guys, any chance of merging bsnes's accurate SA1 core/emulation into Snes9x ?
...you know, you didn't have to post this here then make a new thread on it...
sorry, my bad..while i was sumitting the post, my IE crashed and thought it didn't go through (as i checked my message didn't show up till then)...so made a new thread instead...later, i found out i made a double post....geez...

mod, plaese don't mind to delete my double-post here

Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Why the heck are you using IE anyway? :?
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!

sjyune
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sjyune » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:09 am

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Why the heck are you using IE anyway? :?
cuz, i'm still using Win98SE :P

*just took the wrong road during dual boot....that's all

Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Firefox 2 should work for Win98.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!

Videogamer555
Snes9x White Belt

I found a bug with current version of SNES9x

Post by Videogamer555 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm not sure if it existed before or not but I just noticed SNES9x doesn't correctly scale the image of the game screen. When I set the configuration file display resolution to 512x448 (exactly twice the size of the SNES default of 256x224) it does NOT double every line. About 1 out of every or so lines is NOT doubled. This happens both vertically and horizontally. I'm not sure but my computer is running Windows 7 instead of XP, so maybe Windows 7 interprets window size differently, counting the outer border of the window in this measurement, not just the game screen size (which is what SHOULD be set to a multiple of 256x224).

Please fix this. It is very distracting to see sprites slightly deform as they cross one of these rows or columns of "bad" pixels.

SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Re: I found a bug with current version of SNES9x

Post by SparroHawc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Videogamer555 wrote:I'm not sure if it existed before or not but I just noticed SNES9x doesn't correctly scale the image of the game screen. When I set the configuration file display resolution to 512x448 (exactly twice the size of the SNES default of 256x224) it does NOT double every line. About 1 out of every or so lines is NOT doubled. This happens both vertically and horizontally. I'm not sure but my computer is running Windows 7 instead of XP, so maybe Windows 7 interprets window size differently, counting the outer border of the window in this measurement, not just the game screen size (which is what SHOULD be set to a multiple of 256x224).

Please fix this. It is very distracting to see sprites slightly deform as they cross one of these rows or columns of "bad" pixels.
Could you re-post this in the bug reports topic?

adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm

as of today, 1.52 is officially dead, therefore I will un-announce this thread and lock it.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley