Snes9x 1.52 is now dead due to Snes9X 1.53 being out

This is for people involved in the developement of Snes9x, or SNES emulators in general.
BUG REPORTS BELONG IN TECH SUPPORT/BUG TRACKING!
CahosRahneVeloza
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CahosRahneVeloza »

OV2 wrote:It's a known issue. Until the next version is released you can start snes9x with "-hdmatiming 84" to remove the flickering.
I can't find this hdmating setting in the emulator's options so I'm guessing it's a string I need to add to the shortcut command of the emulator that you can edit by viewing the shortcut's properties, am I right?

Also, that's fantastic news that you'll be working on yet another version :) I'll definitely be looking forward to it :)

And since you mentioned it, here's another game that's been riddled with emulation related issues:

Dirt Trax FX, This game's been riddled by flickering menu screens since day one, OK that's an exaggeration but it is riddled by issues even on earlier versions of SNES9x.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

CahosRahneVeloza wrote:
OV2 wrote:It's a known issue. Until the next version is released you can start snes9x with "-hdmatiming 84" to remove the flickering.
I can't find this hdmating setting in the emulator's options so I'm guessing it's a string I need to add to the shortcut command of the emulator that you can edit by viewing the shortcut's properties, am I right?

Also, that's fantastic news that you'll be working on yet another version :) I'll definitely be looking forward to it :)

And since you mentioned it, here's another game that's been riddled with emulation related issues:

Dirt Trax FX, This game's been riddled by flickering menu screens since day one, OK that's an exaggeration but it is riddled by issues even on earlier versions of SNES9x.
Copy and paste following text into notepad and save it as a .bat. Then but it where snes9x.exe is.

Code: Select all

@echo off
snes9x -hdatiming 84
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
CahosRahneVeloza
Snes9x White Belt

Post by CahosRahneVeloza »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:
CahosRahneVeloza wrote:

Copy and paste following text into notepad and save it as a .bat. Then but it where snes9x.exe is.

@echo off
snes9x -hdatiming 84
I see...

Thank you Camo_Yoshi :)
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Hey no prob, I make batches all the time, so let me know if it doesn't work.
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Hey no prob, I make batches all the time, so let me know if it doesn't work.
About that batch file...is there any reason why the "hdmatiming" value of 84 doesn't work? Wait...perhaps I should try some other values. Back in a minute.

Edit: *Sigh* No, it didn't work for some reason.
Used @echo off snes9x -hdatiming 84 in the batch file, too. Weird.
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

That's because the command is "-hdmatiming 84"
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

OH SHI- ARRRRGH FUCKING DAMMIT HELL!

Here:

@echo off
snes9x -hdmatiming 84
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:OH SHI- ARRRRGH (unnecessary expletive) !

Here:

@echo off
snes9x -hdmatiming 84
WHA? That didn't work, by the way.

Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Yes, replace it.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Yes, replace it.
Replace what? I don't know what in bloody blazes you're talking about. I did replace it, with that exact command, and it still didn't work when I opened the batch file. Am I not missing something in the notepad?

Code:

@echo off
snes9x -hdmatiming 84

That's exactly what I used. And it sure as heck won't let me add
"-hdmatiming 84" in the command line of a shortcut, either. It tells me that it's "not a valid command". Makes perfect sense.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

the_randomizer wrote:
Camo_Yoshi wrote:Yes, replace it.
Replace what? I don't know what in bloody blazes you're talking about. I did replace it, with that exact command, and it still didn't work when I opened the batch file. Am I not missing something in the notepad?

Code:

@echo off
snes9x -hdmatiming 84

That's exactly what I used. And it sure as heck won't let me add
"-hdmatiming 84" in the command line of a shortcut, either. It tells me that it's "not a valid command". Makes perfect sense.
Never mind, I guess it doesn't work after all.

Dammit OV2, get that workaround done already for snes9x 1.521! :wink:
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Note that any savestates made without the command line switch will still flicker with the switch present.
(from here).

Notice how you made the same typo there camo_yoshi? ;)
sjyune
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sjyune »

two SA1 games currently not running properly under Snes9x

*SD Gundam G-Next (J) - special SA1 DMA (map glitch)
*Jumping Derby (J) - need SA1 NMI (timing mode)

hey, you guys, any chance of merging bsnes's accurate SA1 core/emulation into Snes9x ?
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

sjyune wrote:two SA1 games currently not running properly under Snes9x

hey, you guys, any chance of merging bsnes's accurate SA1 core/emulation into Snes9x ?
...you know, you didn't have to post this here then make a new thread on it...

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
sjyune
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sjyune »

adventure_of_link wrote:
sjyune wrote:two SA1 games currently not running properly under Snes9x

...you know, you didn't have to post this here then make a new thread on it...
sorry, my bad..while i was sumitting the post, my IE crashed and thought it didn't go through (as i checked my message didn't show up till then)...so made a new thread instead...later, i found out i made a double post....geez...

mod, plaese don't mind to delete my double-post here
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Why the heck are you using IE anyway? :?
sjyune
Snes9x White Belt

Post by sjyune »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:Why the heck are you using IE anyway? :?
cuz, i'm still using Win98SE :P

*just took the wrong road during dual boot....that's all
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Firefox 2 should work for Win98.
Videogamer555
Snes9x White Belt

I found a bug with current version of SNES9x

Post by Videogamer555 »

I'm not sure if it existed before or not but I just noticed SNES9x doesn't correctly scale the image of the game screen. When I set the configuration file display resolution to 512x448 (exactly twice the size of the SNES default of 256x224) it does NOT double every line. About 1 out of every or so lines is NOT doubled. This happens both vertically and horizontally. I'm not sure but my computer is running Windows 7 instead of XP, so maybe Windows 7 interprets window size differently, counting the outer border of the window in this measurement, not just the game screen size (which is what SHOULD be set to a multiple of 256x224).

Please fix this. It is very distracting to see sprites slightly deform as they cross one of these rows or columns of "bad" pixels.
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Re: I found a bug with current version of SNES9x

Post by SparroHawc »

Videogamer555 wrote:I'm not sure if it existed before or not but I just noticed SNES9x doesn't correctly scale the image of the game screen. When I set the configuration file display resolution to 512x448 (exactly twice the size of the SNES default of 256x224) it does NOT double every line. About 1 out of every or so lines is NOT doubled. This happens both vertically and horizontally. I'm not sure but my computer is running Windows 7 instead of XP, so maybe Windows 7 interprets window size differently, counting the outer border of the window in this measurement, not just the game screen size (which is what SHOULD be set to a multiple of 256x224).

Please fix this. It is very distracting to see sprites slightly deform as they cross one of these rows or columns of "bad" pixels.
Could you re-post this in the bug reports topic?