Super Bomberman 2 = Super Slow

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Fizbin
Snes9x White Belt

Super Bomberman 2 = Super Slow

Post by Fizbin »

On Level 1-2. Once you start scrolling to the 2nd half of the screen, everything slows down. The more bad guys, the worse it gets. Things speed up when big brown guy (Mr. Moai) exits the screen. It doesn't matter what my settings are. I can have a tiny little minimized screen and the same thing.

Happens on two PC's, both dual core. It does not happen with Zsnes Too bad because the video on Snex9x is so much better. With Zsnes you get either jaggies or overly smoothed. Sound is much better on Zsnes however.

Any ideas to fix?
Fizbin
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Super Bomberman 2 = Super Slow

Post by Fizbin »

Ok, so I tried another Japan ROM and it behaved the same way. HOWEVER, I tried yet another ROM with a "Europe" designation and amazingly this one works just fine. So there does seem to be a compatibility issue with most of the SB2 ROMS and Snes9x. If anyone comes across this post with the same prob, get the ROM labeled, "Super Bomberman 2 (Europe).sfc".
MELERIX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MELERIX »

confirmed same issue here, with Snes9x test build, and with Super Bomberman (USA) rom.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

Confirmed on Mac OSX build #113 snes9x v1.53 and CRC32 0x9C1F11E4

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley