Assign keys on Android (Chrono Trigger)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
RG79
Snes9x White Belt

Assign keys on Android (Chrono Trigger)

Post by RG79 »

Hi all - Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place...

I'm using the Snes9x app and playing through Chrono Trigger on my Android, and have reached the stage where I need to press L + R + A, all at the same time in order to open the extra passage in the Arris Dome.
I know that there are ways of assigning keys when using a keyboard - is there a way of doing so on the android? I can't work it out.

Thanks very much.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Assign keys on Android (Chrono Trigger)

Post by adventure_of_link »

Actually I do believe it would be the same as it is for Windows, just get your keyboard or controller or whatever and you should be able to assign all three buttons to one button just fine.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
RG79
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RG79 »

The issue is that I don't know how to do it. I can see an "input device setup" option, but I then hit a brick wall. Any ideas? I'm only using my phone so don't have a controller.
Cheers.
adventure_of_link

RG79 wrote:The issue is that I don't know how to do it. I can see an "input device setup" option, but I then hit a brick wall. Any ideas? I'm only using my phone so don't have a controller.
first off, did you actually sync up your keyboard or physically connect via USB OTG? (this is the pre-requisite before you can configure it.)

Then from there, under the input device setup, you hit auto-detect device to setup, press a key on your keyboard and then you can configure from there. Keep the device's name in mind as you can touch the device and configure from there.
RG79 wrote:Cheers.
Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name... ;)

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)

RG79
Snes9x White Belt

Post by RG79 »

Hi - Nope didn't sync up anything. I'm only using my Android phone, so I don't have any sort of external input to it....
So, I'm limited to only using the touchscreen controls - so, when I try to work out where to go from there, I'm not getting particularly far.

"Norm!!!!" :wink:
adventure_of_link

RG79 wrote:Hi - Nope didn't sync up anything. I'm only using my Android phone, so I don't have any sort of external input to it....
So, I'm limited to only using the touchscreen controls - so, when I try to work out where to go from there, I'm not getting particularly far.
Well, therein lies the problem.. you'll have to get a bluetooth keyboard and sync it over bluetooth.

Additionally you can always get a PS3 controller or a XBox 360 controller and connect via USB OTG... as long as you're using Ice Cream Sandwich or better.

* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)