Snes9x, Android, and control setup

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
TelesRule
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x, Android, and control setup

Post by TelesRule »

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini with Android, and the Snes9x app works perfectly (so far played literally dozens of games with it, all have worked perfectly). The only gripe I got (and is probably just a blatant show of my incompetence) is that, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to setup the control pad on the touch screen. It does work (I even managed to move the L & R buttons where I can easily reach them, which is a brilliant option, btw), but I'd like to set one of the buttons on turbo, but when I go to Input Device Setup -> Virtual / sec_jack / gpio-keys or sec-touchkey and choose, e.g. turbo Y, it asks me to press the button I want to use, but doesn't show the "virtual pad," i.e, I don't have anything to press. I know this is a dumb question, but I did a search on this forum and couldn't find a thread that would've explained how to do this.

I'd really appreciate any help because except for this minor hindrance, this is the best emulator out there, bar none (not that I've managed to set up a turbo button in any of the lesser emulators either).
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Snes9x, Android, and control setup

Post by adventure_of_link »

I dunno if you can make extra turbo touch fire buttons or not...

Just another reason I personally grabbed several different controller setups for Android. (and hey, last I checked as long as you aren't on 4.2.x Jelly Bean Android you can use Wii Remotes within Snes9X EX(+).)

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley