Wiimote on android only works half the time..

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
kxaxyxlxa
Snes9x White Belt

Wiimote on android only works half the time..

Post by kxaxyxlxa »

Sometimes it takes almost 20 minutes to connect my wiimote. It always says 'connecting to 1 device' then it's 'checking 1 device' and i have to do this over and over until it finally works. Am i doing something wrong?
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Re: Wiimote on android only works half the time..

Post by adventure_of_link »

First, your board handle got you literally [--------- ] this close to getting canned for spam. Figured I'd at least you know.

Next off, are you using either the latest Snes9X EX or EX+? What is your Android device (Is it a Nexus, HTC, Samsung, etc..)? Are you trying to sync the Wii Remote within Snes9X EX(+?) and/or with a 3rd party IME (WiimoteController, etc)?

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley
kxaxyxlxa
Snes9x White Belt

Post by kxaxyxlxa »

Sorry, I don't even know what you mean by 'board handle'... But I'm using snes9x Ex+ 1.5.10 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 jellybean. Trying to connect a wii remote. I haven't replied because I didn't think anyone was going to answer my question.
adventure_of_link
Hero of Hyrule | Official Port Recruiter

Post by adventure_of_link »

kxaxyxlxa wrote:Sorry, I don't even know what you mean by 'board handle'...
In other words, it's your login name for the forums. Also known as a screen name, etc..
kxaxyxlxa wrote:But I'm using snes9x Ex+ 1.5.10 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 jellybean. Trying to connect a wii remote. I haven't replied because I didn't think anyone was going to answer my question.
Well someone did :P

And by any chance is your jellybean version 4.2.x? If so, sadly for whatever reason Android removed the feature to make Wii Remote and PS3 controller syncs work (has nothing to do with touchwiz or whatever like HTC does/did with Sense). My Nexus 7 did this and I'm suffering (yet again) this on my S4. Thankfully there was a stock 4.1.2 firmware available for my Nexus and I reverted to that; sadly the S4 came with this 4.2.2 junk (knew I should've gotten a note 2.. Darn. :?).

Either way you have two hopes and they sadly involve rooting/unlocking the tablet:

* find a stock (or custom) 4.1.2 Android based firmware for your device
* hope and pray Cyanogen Mod supports your tablet, and hope and pray again that the latest version has the ability to sync Wii Remotes/PS3 pads.

Unofficial Test Monkey For:
* Snes9X GX (Wii)
* Snes9X EX (Android)
* Snes9X 64-bits (PC/Mac)

ZSNES|Ben Heck|NSRT|Bob Smiley