I wonder about higan's library.

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
mrnglow
Snes9x White Belt

I wonder about higan's library.

Post by mrnglow »

Hi dev/port team of Snes9x.

I believe you guys already knew about a way of how higan/bsnes handles a game since 2012. Simply, Library.
How do you guys think about a concept of higan's library?(grouping files by game-folder)

I guess there was already not formal or strong, just a simple suggestion to use it commonly for long time ago at some point, but I don't know whether Snes9x agreed with to use it or not.
Do you guys think it may be worth for Snes9x to use it?

Yeah, I think it's interesting concept basically but to be interested in something and to use something is different kind of problem, so I want to know.

I'm not trying to say that 'It's great concept Snes9x must use it also!'. Just curious really. 'A use this, B use that, and those are quite different. How does A think about B?'
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: I wonder about higan's library.

Post by odditude »

personally, it drives me insane.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Re: I wonder about higan's library.

Post by OV2 »

There are currently no plans to support game folders. It would conflict with some of the available options in the guis. Also, since s9x has predefined memory maps, we would not gain anything from parsing the bml map.