Air Strike Patrol and Doom problems

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
rockyfrog
Snes9x White Belt

Air Strike Patrol and Doom problems

Post by rockyfrog »

I have Snes9x 1.53 with the 64 bit testbuild, In Air Strike Patrol, a shadow is drawn under your aircraft but for some reason there is a lack of a shadow making it hard to play the game.

Doom has glitchy graphics and runs a little slower.

Will there ever be a Snes9x 1.54 someday to fix these problems?.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Re: Air Strike Patrol and Doom problems

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

rockyfrog wrote:I have Snes9x 1.53 with the 64 bit testbuild, In Air Strike Patrol, a shadow is drawn under your aircraft but for some reason there is a lack of a shadow making it hard to play the game.

Doom has glitchy graphics and runs a little slower.

Will there ever be a Snes9x 1.54 someday to fix these problems?.
Could you post some comparison screenshots? Thank you! :)
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
rockyfrog
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rockyfrog »

Here is an example.

Normal Air Strike Patrol (See in this screenshot it has the shadow and it's on the Bsnes or the normal console of the Snes).

Snes9x 1.53 Air Strike Patrol (Not even the 64 bit testbuild could fix this problem, 1.53 does not have the shadow making it hard to play).

Any plans to have this fixed?.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

the shadow in Air Strike Patrol requires mid-scanline PPU manipulation, and was a (relatively) big deal when it was first emulated properly in bsnes.
rockyfrog
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rockyfrog »

When playing Doom on Snes9x 1.53 with the 64 bit testbuild, it's graphics are glitchy with dots everywere on the screen and it runs a little slower.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

rockyfrog wrote:When playing Doom on Snes9x 1.53 with the 64 bit testbuild, it's graphics are glitchy with dots everywere on the screen and it runs a little slower.
Snes9x's SuperFX emulation is mediocre compared to other emulators currently. I recommend using bsnes for now (if you can), but a good compromise would be to use UOSNES.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
rockyfrog
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rockyfrog »

Camo_Yoshi wrote:
rockyfrog wrote:When playing Doom on Snes9x 1.53 with the 64 bit testbuild, it's graphics are glitchy with dots everywere on the screen and it runs a little slower.
Snes9x's SuperFX emulation is mediocre compared to other emulators currently. I recommend using bsnes for now (if you can), but a good compromise would be to use UOSNES.
Attention Camo-Yoshi, I cannot set up Bsnes thats hard because it runs on being set up on 7z's.

Is there another way to set up Bsnes thats really easy or not?.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

if you're saying you don't know how to handle 7z files, this is all you need.
rockyfrog
Snes9x White Belt

Post by rockyfrog »

odditude wrote:if you're saying you don't know how to handle 7z files, this is all you need.
Never mind my last post I got that 7z's file and it's really easy and it helps alot.

I'm very new to using Bsnes.