Can't press multiple buttons

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Ludvig41
Snes9x White Belt

Can't press multiple buttons

Post by Ludvig41 »

So im playing Megaman X on my mac, and I noticed i couldn't charge a blast, run and jump at the same time.
Im not sure exactly how this "bug" works, but if i run, charge and jump, i wont be able to press any buttons until i let go of all the buttons I'm currently pressing. This makes the game almost unplayable. Is there something i missed in the options or is this intentional?
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Re: Can't press multiple buttons

Post by odditude »

are you using a gamepad or the keyboard?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

If you're playing using a keyboard, keyboards can only accept input from 2-3 keys at one time, unless you have a really nice anti-ghosting keyboard, but it'd be better to just get a gamepad.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
43goldeneye
Snes9x White Belt

Post by 43goldeneye »

I've had this similar problem as well. I use the ds3 tool to use my PlayStation 3 controller(s) for games like street fighter and killer instinct. Everything was fine until I had some windows update thing. After that I can't hit two buttons at once anymore. I can't jump backwards or do anything of special moves. It really makes the game unplayable. Help?
MELERIX
Snes9x White Belt

Post by MELERIX »

43goldeneye wrote:I've had this similar problem as well. I use the ds3 tool to use my PlayStation 3 controller(s) for games like street fighter and killer instinct. Everything was fine until I had some windows update thing. After that I can't hit two buttons at once anymore. I can't jump backwards or do anything of special moves. It really makes the game unplayable. Help?
try with an updated ds3 tool: http://www.motioninjoy.com/download