Snes9x Android - Four PS3 Controllers?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
stogrady
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x Android - Four PS3 Controllers?

Post by stogrady »

Hi There,I'm using the Sixaxis app to connect four PS3 controllers. I am using Snes9x for SNES emulation.Wondered if anyone had any success configuring and using four PS3 controllers (or Wii remotes) to play games like Super Bomberman or NHL 94?If so how do you configure four controllers? I can only see options for two.Any help would be appreciated!
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Re: Snes9x Android - Four PS3 Controllers?

Post by SparroHawc »

stogrady wrote:Hi There,I'm using the Sixaxis app to connect four PS3 controllers. I am using Snes9x for SNES emulation.Wondered if anyone had any success configuring and using four PS3 controllers (or Wii remotes) to play games like Super Bomberman or NHL 94?If so how do you configure four controllers? I can only see options for two.Any help would be appreciated!
If you go into the Input menu and select Input Configuration, you will see a window that lets you configure the joypads. There's a pull-down box that lets you select which joypad you want to configure; just set up Joypad #1 through #4 for all your PS3 controllers. Make sure 'Enabled' is checked for all of them. The last step is to go into the Input menu again and select Super Multitap (5-player). Make sure you un-check that for any non-Multitap games though.
stogrady
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9x Android - Four PS3 Controllers?

Post by stogrady »

Thanks so much! I'll give it a go and get back to you.

If you go into the Input menu and select Input Configuration, you will see a window that lets you configure the joypads. There's a pull-down box that lets you select which joypad you want to configure; just set up Joypad #1 through #4 for all your PS3 controllers. Make sure 'Enabled' is checked for all of them. The last step is to go into the Input menu again and select Super Multitap (5-player). Make sure you un-check that for any non-Multitap games though.