Recording an AVI: Can crackling audio be neutralized?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Recording an AVI: Can crackling audio be neutralized?

Post by the_randomizer »

Hey, I have a question about recording AVIs from Snes9x 1.52, is there any way to get rid of the annoying audio crackling when playing back the AVI? When I load a ROM, the audio sounds perfectly fine (no crackling), but when I record an AVI (regardless of the codec used), it always crackles.
What can I do to get an AVI without audio crackling?

Current audio settings for Snes9x 1.52 -

Audio Driver: XAudio 2 (Direct Sound sounds like crap on Windows 7)
Sampling Frequency: 32000Hz
Latency: 16-128ms (tried all combinations in between)
[/b]
Lisa: "I hope you all know you're sponsoring a murderous pirate!"
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

What have you set as Input Rate? For avi recording this should be set to 32000.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

OV2 wrote:What have you set as Input Rate? For avi recording this should be set to 32000.
Okay, right now I have it at 31850Hz, but as for the latency, I have it set at 194ms. Should it be 210 or less?
Sponsor: "A pirate!!? Well, that's hardly the image we need for Long John Silvers!"
OV2

Post by OV2 »

If you are referring to the buffer length: that setting has no effect on avi recording.
the_randomizer
Snes9x Orange Belt

Post by the_randomizer »

OV2 wrote:If you are referring to the buffer length: that setting has no effect on avi recording.
Oh :shock: I didn't know that, but I adjusted the frequency to 32000Hz and the problem seems to have disappeared. As to why I wasn't aware of this before, or why I never noticed it making a difference, I'll never know. Thanks. :D
OV2

Post by OV2 »

The avi recording should really do that automatically, I'll change that in the next version.