Two identical controllers, snes9x thinks they're the same

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
mrdantownsend
Snes9x White Belt

Two identical controllers, snes9x thinks they're the same

Post by mrdantownsend »

I recently bought two SNES usb controllers, both of which work great in any emulator i run. However when I try to use them both in snes9x, it thinks that they;re the same controller, and pressing one button on one will press the same button on player two. Is there any way i can specity which one is which? I know in other emulators I've used they have a drop down dialog which asks which usb device will be the controller.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Hmmm, I've never encountered that issue because I've always used different controllers in two-player situations. :/
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
SparroHawc
Official Android Porter

Post by SparroHawc »

Have you tried re-setting the controls in Input Configuration? It -should- be able to tell the difference between the controllers - and it's possible that it's been set identically between player 1 and player 2. Worth taking a shot at, at least.