Netplay issues

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
niloklives
Snes9x White Belt

Netplay issues

Post by niloklives »

I know snes9x is inherently laggy, but i can get it to work just fine in 1.51 while 1.52 is horrendous. I'm assuming its the new image filtering or something. anyway I'm fine using 1.51, but there's ugly on screen display showing the server frame rate. is there any way to get rid of it or a fix for 1.52 for smoother gameplay?

thanks in advance

EDIT: Still can't get it to sync properly in 1.52 but I figured out how to get rid of the display in 1.51. for those of you wondering about this as well, there's a hotkey to toggle movie frame count. this is "." by default so if you haven't touched your hotkeys, just press "." and the display will go away. weird to have this on by default in net play.

Does anyone have any advice for 1.52? I think the image filters are much nicer in 1.52 so I'd rather use that. I'm using a core i7 2600k and 560ti video card with 8 gigs of ram. I'm using a 20mb/s connection with almost no latency and ports forwarded for the right port, so it absolutely cannot by my network or hardware; and as I said, 1.51 works perfectly.