Freeze Shots from Mac to PC

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
ZShmo
Snes9x White Belt

Freeze Shots from Mac to PC

Post by ZShmo »

(Excuse me for my bad english, I'm French so some sentences could be wrong or confusing. I'll try my best to be understand correctly).

Good morning.

I have a Mac OS.X Snow Leopard at school and I play Shin Megami Tensei in it, but in my home, I have a Windows Vista so the freeze shot isn't exactly the same (at least, the exentension). I've a *.frz format file of the game (on Mac) but when I put it in the Save folder (on Windows), it doesn't work. I tried to do it after remove the *.srm file but it didn't work too. Same thing when I rename the file in .srm. All I want is to play the game in my Windows PC with the save state from the Mac (and vice-versa, so I could play the game both in my school and my home).

I saw that those files are compatible but I don't know how? It might be a stupid question who has the solution in the FAQ or the Manuel but after read it, I didn't find the solution just the facts that the files are compatible (but not... how?).

Thanks.
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

Try to rename the extension. The snapshot file is common among all platforms, except its extension.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Save states on windows are named ROM_NAME.000 to ROM_NAME.009 - simply rename your freeze file to that format and it should work.

.srm is the SRAM container, not a freeze file.
ZShmo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by ZShmo »

It works! I didn't think of the .00X files, only the .srm.

Well, Thank you very very much! :D