trouble moving up (mac)

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
mdvdmn
Snes9x White Belt

trouble moving up (mac)

Post by mdvdmn »

I was trying to play Zelda- link to past and super mario rpg amongst others and for whatever reason when i try to move up on the d pad (w on my keyboard) my character, ie link or mario, starts moving super slow and everything else moves normal speeed. I tried reconfiguring what buttons do what but nothing fixed it. Any ideas? i have a mac
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

Chances are, you have keys double bound or a background app like a keyboard/gamepad mapper is affecting you. Close all unneeded background apps or make sure to your keys are not double mapped.
Continuing FF4 Research...
New Tourian
Snes9x White Belt

Post by New Tourian »

I am having the same problem, except with both up and left directional buttons. Weird part is that is started happening mid game and was fine before that. I don't fully understand checking the keys to make sure they are double bound - but I cleared what was there and reconfigured the buttons with no luck. Any more suggestions?

Also a mac user. Brand new mac book pro with hardly anything in the background running to slow anything down.
mamabud
Snes9x White Belt

Trouble moving up (Mac)

Post by mamabud »

I have exactly the same problem as New Tourian, except with the right directional button. I am using Snes9x v 1.53 with Mac OS X. I was also half way through Zelda when the problem started. I tried Software and Hardware resets, laptop restarts, earlier versions of Snes9x as well as remapping the keyboard, but none of this fixed the problem. I loaded an old save from a Secret of Mana game which I'd previously completed without problem, but the right movement was now super slow. :(
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

is turbo enabled on those keys?
mamabud
Snes9x White Belt

Trouble with character movement (Mac)

Post by mamabud »

odditude wrote:is turbo enabled on those keys?
Hi Odditude,

Turbo is off. I have tried it with Turbo on and the right direction key still lagged.
JRubio4
Snes9x White Belt

Re: trouble moving up (mac)

Post by JRubio4 »

Did anyone solves this problem? I’m encountering the same issue.