missing filter options in Mac port

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
kine
Snes9x White Belt

missing filter options in Mac port

Post by kine »

Hi there, i hope this is the right place to post this:

The Mac version of SNES9x (including the latest) is missing several filter-related features that the Windows version has:

1. It's missing half the filter types, including 'Scanlines', 'Dot Matrix', and all the 'EPX'es.

2. It has no separate option at all for high-res filter types.

3. There is no way (from the GUI at least) to disable bilinear filtering.

The first two are semi-annoying, but what is really killing me is the last one. I HATE bilinear filtering. :( After looking through all of the Mac version's included documentation, including the built-in help file, i have found no way of turning this off.

Is there some kind of command-line argument i can pass to disable it?

If not... is it possible this will be addressed in a future version?

cheers
zones
Official Mac OSX Porter/Dev

Post by zones »

Select blocky mode.
kine
Snes9x White Belt

Post by kine »

I can't use scan lines with blocky mode.

edit: To be more specific, i want to use the 'TV' filter (since the Mac version doesn't have 'Scanlines'), but i don't want the strong blurring effect that comes with this. ZSNES on the Mac can do this, and SNES9x for Windows can do it as well (although it's not as nice-looking as Scanlines).

As far as i can tell from the GUI options in the Mac version, there's no way to have BOTH no filtering AND scan lines, so i was hoping there was some alternative way to do it.