Snes9x never starts in full screen mode

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Momotombo
Snes9x White Belt

Snes9x never starts in full screen mode

Post by Momotombo »

I've tried editing the config file and I've tried exiting the emulator in full screen mode so it would save the setting and go back into it when I start it up again. I can't do anything to put it in full screen mode when it starts up, so I was wondering if anyone here had a solution.

This is important to me because I'm going to build an emulation PC with the GameEx frontend for use by my family and friends in the living room and I don't want to have to press alt+enter on the keyboard when everyone is using gamepads. Is there a command line option I can use for starting up in fullscreen? And I don't mean to just maximize the window - it has to be actual fullscreen mode.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

You didn't specify which OS you are using.

If you use the windows port: you can either disable "Emulate Fullscreen", which will make the fullscreen option stick, or you can use the "-fullscreen" command line parameter.
Momotombo
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Momotombo »

yeah, I'm using Windows 7. It worked, thanks.
irrelevant_pelican
Snes9x White Belt

Re: Snes9x never starts in full screen mode

Post by irrelevant_pelican »

I still can't get this to work. I uncheck "Emulate full screen," and exit the program, and it still opens up not in full screen. Also when I uncheck Emulate full screen and press alt+enter to make it full screen, ESC no longer brings up the top bar of File, Emulation, Input, Sound, etc., it just minimizes the window to no longer full screen.

Not only that but when I'm in full screen after unchecking Emulate full screen there's a distracting symbol in the lower right hand corner. Here are pictures of it:

http://imgur.com/a/ZcHcS

I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Can you detail the process of your second option: using the "-fullscreen" command line parameter? Where do I type in "-fullscreen?"

I'd really appreciate it if someone knew how to set this up, thank you.
odditude
Snes9x Green Belt

Post by odditude »

irrelevant_pelican wrote:Can you detail the process of your second option: using the "-fullscreen" command line parameter? Where do I type in "-fullscreen?"
create a shortcut to snes9x, open up its properties sheet, go to the "Shortcut" tab, and add any and all commandline options at the end of the "Target" entry.
irrelevant_pelican
Snes9x White Belt

Post by irrelevant_pelican »

Still having problems, I added "-fullscreen" as instructed to a shortcut. It started sort of in full screen except all the menu options at the top were visible. If I go into display configuration I can see full screen is not checked.

I checked it, my screen flashes like its about to go full screen, then converts back to the window emulating fullscreen with all the menu options at the top.

I then decided to delete the shortcut but the program still does this, completely independent of the short cut. The only way I fixedd this before was erasing it and re downloading.

There must be some other way??
deathaction
Snes9x White Belt

Post by deathaction »

hello guyz sorry for disturb

I have a Moga Controller in Mode B (Standard Bluetooth Controller). In other Apps and the Windows Settings the Buttons are recognized correctly. But in snes 9x for Windows i cant map any button. It wont recognize. Any ideas? On snesex on android it works fine.