Super Mario Kart problem

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
Something915
Snes9x White Belt

Super Mario Kart problem

Post by Something915 »

I can't get the game to do anything once I open the ROM. It just plays the regular loop of the cars driving around. The buttons I press have no effect either. I downloaded the game a couple different times and I've still had the same issue. I'm on a Mac but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.

Anyone know what I can do about this?
Half-Man Half-Machine-Man
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Are you trying to use a gamepad?
Have you configured the controls?
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Something915
Snes9x White Belt

Post by Something915 »

I'm using a 360 controller, and I have played many other games with it.
Half-Man Half-Machine-Man
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Ok, you need to go into Input Configuration and assign button to the gamepad.

Also, you might have to find a driver for a 360 controller. Good luck with that.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you may have a bad copy of the game.

Make sure Snes9x tells you it has a good checksum... and perhaps your problem will be fixed.

When you mentioned other games... you mean other SNES games or other games entirely? It is a very significant difference. IIRC, you're not supposed to use the Mac's controller mapping software for legacy apps because Snes9x for Mac probably has native controller detection.
Continuing FF4 Research...