Disabling ROM info on game start?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
maruchan
Snes9x White Belt

Disabling ROM info on game start?

Post by maruchan »

Hi! I'm trying to disable the string of text that pops up when you load a game (tells you the header info, SRM, etc.) I'm using 1.52 on Windows 7. I looked through the menus, .conf file, and can't find anything about it. Am I missing something or can I not do it?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

You can't do it, it's kind of mandatory to have... dunno why you'd want to disable it anyway.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
maruchan
Snes9x White Belt

Post by maruchan »

Thanks for your response. Well, I figured I could disable it because I know it can be disabled in ZSNES, and because I don't remember it being there when I used to start up my SNES. But if it can't be done, it can't be done.
BearOso
Official GTK/Linux Porter/Dev

Post by BearOso »

In the config file, under the [Display] section, there should be a couple of lines:

Code: Select all

MessagesInImage = TRUE
MessageDisplayTime = 120
Change either the first one to FALSE or the second one to zero to disable the messages. This also disables other messages, too.