Acer Aspire One Netbook Intel Atom problems running snes 9x

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
jmac34
Snes9x White Belt

Acer Aspire One Netbook Intel Atom problems running snes 9x

Post by jmac34 »

I have used Snes9x before no problems on my desktop but want to hook it up to my 42 in lcd. I am baffled, I run project 64 flawlessly but cant seem to get snes to work on my netbook. When I launch snes, message states "Failed to initialize selected display output". It said change some display setting tried a few things still nothing. BTW running V1.52 with intel atom on netbook windows 7 starter. Clicked ok, xaudio2 also unable to initialize. Program stays open but will not open roms. Checked out FAQ, googled, etc could not figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

Try installing the newest DX9 release or go into the display/sound settings and switch to DirectDraw/DirectSound.
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

From my experience, you won't get very good performance if you are cloning or extending your display to the external monitor... I have tried it with Snes9x 1.52 on my Eee PC 901.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!