I can't save my games, could someone please help me?

If you're having problems with Snes9x, or think you've found a bug, this is the place to be.
boopster
Snes9x White Belt

I can't save my games, could someone please help me?

Post by boopster »

Hello! I'm sorry if this is a noobish question, but I just installed homebrew and Snes9x GX for my Wii just a few days ago and these last few days I've been trying to figure this out.

Whenever I try to save something pops up and says "Error opening SD:/snes9xgx/saves". Does anyone know what's wrong? The way I have the SD card set up is
apps:
snes9xgx:
then inside of that is boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml, readme.txt, roms (with my two roms inside), and saves.

Is it set up right or is something else wrong?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Make sure the SD card isn't write protected.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
Deathlike2
Snes9x Brown Belt

Post by Deathlike2 »

Sounds like a paths setup issue to me.
Continuing FF4 Research...
hosebeast
Snes9x White Belt

Post by hosebeast »

i'm hving a problem with this as well, as a matter of fact, the same problem. i can play the games forever, but the save option gives me this error.

any help?
Camo_Yoshi
Snes9x Purple belt

Post by Camo_Yoshi »

Make sure that the paths are set up correctly and make sure you have enough free space on the SD card.
Snes9x FAQs | Forum Rules
What operating system are you using? 32 or 64bit? Version of Snes9x? Is the text at the bottom of the window white when you load the game?
These suggestions are usually the solution to your issue!
hosebeast
Snes9x White Belt

Post by hosebeast »

would you mind getting a little more in depth? i've tried putting save folders in each of the roms, as well as right inside of the SNES9x folder its self, and still nothing. no matter what, i get the same error. i even deleted everything from my sd card but the emulator its self, so i definitely know there's enough space. i tried changing the name of the save folder as well, and still nothing.

so, lets say that i'm creating a save folder. i open up the snes9x folder>create new folder>name it "saves"... and it SHOULD work, correct? i've done that, a few times and it's not working. am i doing it wrong?
hosebeast
Snes9x White Belt

Post by hosebeast »

still not working!

so, does anybody even check this board ever? it seems like a pretty low traffic area. i could really use some in depth help with this guys, it's breaking my heart that i have all these games accessible to me but can't fully enjoy them.
OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev

Post by OV2 »

You might want to try the homepage of the snes9xgx port: http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/

From what I gather from the readme you can setup the saves path in the settings - check what folder this is set to and make sure the folder exists on the sd card.
Other than that I can't help you, I do not have the homebrew channel on my wii.